Tuesday 17 March 2009

Another type of anniversary December 26 2008

December 26th. 

The other bookend day of our Christmas week. 

Our first date was January 26th, 1981. And the 26th of every month we would recognize it. 

Dozens of those 'anniversaries' I would get her a red rose in a bud vase. We had so many stinkin' vases in the cabinets. I would even reuse them sometimes, just take them back to the flower shop and have them give me a re-fill. 

I'll say that this day was not as easy as the others. A little more subdued. None of the days were depressing, far from it. They were glorious, grace-filled days. But this one was a more reflective day. No one to give a red rose to, or even threaten to give a red rose to. (She told me stop, that it was expensive, but I think she liked it). 

So five days have passed. And they were grand, rewarding days. 

People said this would be a tough time. They could have been right, but this time I think I got it right. I asked if His grace was only sufficient in other times and not in potentially terrible times. From what I have found about His character, His grace is always sufficient, and we can have great days even when it doesn't seem like we should. Didn't David praise quite a bit for someone being hunted down by an angry king? Just wondering. 

Easy? No. Magnificent? Definitely. Will tomorrow be great too? One thing I have learned about me through all this, is that I never know what tomorrow will be like. And I am ok with that. I just know that He is good. I'm ok with that, too. And he can handle whatever happens, even if I can't. And I'm really ok with that. 

Feels like I should celebrate Thanksgiving again. I'm so thankful for everything he has done with us this week. Really really thankful. 

Kevin

No comments: