Tuesday 17 March 2009

October 7 2008

Oct 7 2008


Email to an administrator at Kunming International Academy


I know people are asking about our return. I wish this was easy. It isn't. The timetable I have in mind right now is to have the boys back in class on Nov 3. I may need a few days in Kunming to be ready to be back in the classroom. There are some personal things I need to take care of before I am ready to teach again. I have some administrative, domestic, and emotional business to take care of so I can feel effective at the school. I want to come back as whole as possible. I don't mind it being tough, but I don't want to fail either.

Thank you so much for so many things you did for us. Being with my boys those days was a big deal. And I know you felt horrible physically. that was a huge sacrifice I didn't want to go unnoticed. Also, you did so many things just by being there, and then also by sharing at the service. People have faith in the groups we are working with, Oasis and KIA, because of your presence and eloquence. I have had many people tell me how impressed they were that you came from China just to be here. I know that wasn't your purpose, but it served us in an amazing way. And finally, when you dressed in a bright shirt with no tie or jacket, it meant more to me than I can say. It honored Ruth in a way I feel but cannot express. It may have been a sacrifice or uncomfortable for you (I hope not), but it was huge to me. I really am struggling to find words to express how big it was to me.

Thank you for all that and for all you did there in Kunming. You are a servant deserving of a servant's reward. Blessings because you were and are such a blessing to us.

I am looking forward to being home.



Kevin

No comments: