Tuesday 17 March 2009

Life in Kunming after returning November 14 2008

November 14 2008

 

Focus is returning. At times I just sit. I Have to write notes or I completely forget. It is so strange.

 

The boys are doing fairly well. Wesley is learning his way around the bus system here, trial and error. He has had a cough and drainage for a few days. I started him on an antibiotic today. 5 day cycle. Timothy has been down with stomach problems. Maybe from the dog he ate a couple of days ago. I'm serious. He said it wasn't bad.

 

I almost tried to call her twice the other day.

 

She bought an antique needlepoint piece and was going to have it framed. She put it somewhere and Jane and I thought maybe she had already taken it to someone. As I was looking for it at the school, I thought, "I'll just call her and see where she put it."

 

That is happening less frequently now.

 

I shared with the staff Wednesday and played the slide show from Texas. Then I showed it to two classes. It was good to see it again. You're right, sad is not bad.

  

The boys and I laughed about some of her cooking foibles the other night at the dinner table. Then Wed night Timothy burned the chili. But not to fear, I learned how to skim less burnt smelling food off the top of the pan. I was trained well for 27 years.

 

I have been compiling some emails to friends and reworking them to send out. That's why so many are coming out so quickly. There should be another in a couple of days.

 

Kevin

No comments: