Tuesday 17 March 2009

Worst day of my life September 12 2008

(This was the day Ruth died. I was on the  phone almost constantly from about 9 in the morning until 2 in the morning. Had to tell all 6 of the kids and several friends in person on the phone. Juggling three phones and three sim cards from three countries. It was the worst day of my life. One friend offered to come from the states to be with us, another friend did come from Seoul to be with us.)

 

 

Sept 12 2008


My emotions are all over the map.

Details. A clot dislodged somewhere and moved to her lung.

There were two nurses and a doctor staying at the place where we were last night.

I was about to leave to get on the plane when it first happened. She had a seizure of some sort, then she was better, but drained and found out within 3 minutes her blood pressure was low. The nurses and doctor were wonderful. The ambulance got here quickly, there were emt's, not common in Thailand, who began working on her. She arrived at the hospital conscious, and they worked with her too.

Her heart stopped, not a heart attack, 3 times and they did cpr and got her heart beating again. But there was nothing they could do. She was not in pain or distress. And wasn't aware of what was happening after the first stoppage at the hospital. I was with her when she left.

I am about done telling people in person on the phone.


We are heading home as soon as possible, hopefully Sunday. NICS is helping, and our insurance is also helping. Thanks for your offer to come. I know you meant it. You can do more for me there.

Kevin

No comments: