Tuesday 17 March 2009

So tired of telling people and hurting them September 17 2008

(Two families from the Texas Christian Ashram, a family camp we attend each summer, lost their adult children and a grandchild in a devastating car accident. Here, I responded to one of the family members.)

Sept 17

 

I am so sad for you, your mom and dad. I know you love Ruth and us and are hurting still, and again. I wish I had not had to bring this news, especially to your family. I started crying again when i thought of your mom hearing about Ruth. I wish you did not know what we are going through. We love you guys too.

Kevin

(And this was written to one set of parents. At the Ashram last summer, trees were planted by the lake to remember them. This year another tree will join theirs.)

You are the last people I wanted to break the news too. It seemed rather unfair to bring this to you in light of your loss too. It hurts me to bring hurt to you.

You said something I have appreciated more than most of the things I have heard so far. You encourage me.

"Some things in this world just stink and defy any explanation, but God is faithful and His Word is always true.  He will uphold you and the Holy Spirit just never runs out of comfort."

Those words have rung true in me this week. Thank you so much for your courage.

Kevin

No comments: